- Stamford Density Current Baffle (SB2.0) is an advanced baffle designed to improve the performance of the clarifier by a) substantially reducing clarifier effluent solids, b) increasing the clarifier’s hydraulic capacity and c) promoting blanket formation.
- DENSITY CURRENT BAFFLES (STAMFORD BAFFLES):
Fig: STAMFORD BAFFLE
- As an integral part of activated sludge clarifiers, Density Current Baffles meet or exceed industry standards for units commonly known as “Stamford”, “Submerged Flow Deflection”, or “Up flow” baffles. The custom-designed fiberglass baffles is to provide important value to water and wastewateroperations by delivering:
Long, Reliable Service on Stamford Baffles:
- Long service life for the baffle is ensured by FRP components with superior corrosion resistance and strength.
- Utilizing precision molding results in consistent, reliable quality and components custom molded to fit the contour of each clarifier.
Baffles with Easy, Low-Cost Installation:
- With simple, modular construction, installation is quick and easy. Lightweight components, with high strength to weight properties, are easy to handle and do not require special lifting equipment.
- Stainless steel or FRP support brackets are easily attached in the field by contractor to ensure proper installation. Only one bracket per panel is needed for most applications.
Clarifier Process Functionality:
- Improved solids capture and reduced turbidity
- Increased hydraulic capacity
Formed by influent flows entering the clarifier, dense currents race out across the tank above the sludge blanket effectively disturbing lighter solids on top. Left unchecked, currents collect those solids and deposit them over the weir into the effluent stream, thereby “short-circuiting” the clarificationprocess and reducing the hydraulic capacity of the tank.
By redirecting density current flows back to the center of the tank, Density Current Baffles allow flows to decelerate away from the effluent stream and redeposit suspended solids back onto the sludge blanket where they belong. Studies demonstrate Density Current Baffles can reduce total suspended solids (TSS) by nearly 40% or more in some cases.
EUROTECK is always ready to help you in keeping your plant compliant in any situation. For inquiry, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org | Call us at: +91 96876 93899